Friday, January 7, 2011

Time to Get Organized

Abby still didn't feel like getting dressed for school today, but she finally did. She didn't want to take her jacket off again but her teacher did get her to do it and after a brief freak out she was fine. For the past three days she hasn't wanted to nap. Of course this makes it difficult to get anything done but the upside is that she goes to bed early and sleeps great!

I called to try and get Abby an appointment with the only DAN (Defeat Autism Now) doctor in the area. These doctors look at the biomedical side of things. Lab work is done to look for any vitamin deficiencies, diet changes would be discussed in case of food sensitivities, and more. Unfortunately, he is no longer accepting patients with our insurance. I will have to keep looking. 

My good news for today is that CHKD speech therapy called us and Abby starts therapy next Tuesday! I had some issues figuring out what I will do with Mia and AnnaSophia during the appointment time, but our good friends are going to help us out. So grateful for that.

I decided today that while I was jotting down fax numbers, names, appointment times, etc on various little sheets of paper laying around the house that it was time to get organized. I gathered all my little papers together and went to Target tonight with AnnaSophia to get some notebooks. 

My closing thought is something I pondered just now when I finally got my shower for today. This is it: Everyone has trials and difficulties in their lives. People loose their jobs, get sick, have difficulties getting pregnant, have financial difficulty, fight with their spouse... and the list goes on. Almost everyone I know has had at least one really hard time in their life. 

We can ask the "why" question all day long without ever getting a satisfying answer. Bad things to happen to all people. I have to believe that there is a purpose for all these trials. That ultimately something good will come of it all. If God knows how many hairs are on my head He also knows how much I need his strength right now. And I need to remember to rely on that strength and not my own.


1 comment:

  1. We are and will keep you in our prayers and thoughts daily! Be strong knowing that you do have gods strength to lean on and you have friends and family that care for you guys so deeply! I am thrilled to hear you got in at chkd so quickly! I hope it goes well! Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete