Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bad Morning

So remember what I said about good days and bad days? This was absolutely a bad morning. I have hope the rest of the day may be better. Abigail was dressed in her Woody (Toy Story 3 fanatic) pjs and I had picked out a new dress for her to wear to school today. She hadn't worn it before and I also had tights for her to wear. I guess this was not a good idea. Sometimes with new outfits I do a "dry run" the night before. I will put the outfit on her and tell her how beautiful she looks in it which then helps her prepare for wearing it again later. I didn't do that today. She fought Mike (dad) the whole time getting dressed. She flopped around and cried. She went boneless (read the Knuffle Bunny Book) when I tried to fix her hair. She had a tantrum over whether she wanted to wear her boots or her sparkley red shoes (I was SURE she would want those red shoes). I am thinking she really didn't want to wear either pair.

She fought me getting her out to the car (forgot to mention this in my first post... she has to plug her ears when we go outside of our house because she doesn't like the sound of the trash truck or the school buses). When we pulled up to the school she started crying and saying, "Hold you, mommy. Hold you." I carried her inside. When we reached her classroom, she tightened her legs around me like a spider monkey and buried her head in my chest. I know she didn't want to be there. I sat down with her during pledges and expected her to warm up and relax. Her teacher finally came over and she held her while I left.

I have never had such a hard time dropping her off. Even on the first day of school she wasn't that bad. These are the days when I worry about her. When things that I think should be getting better aren't and some things seem to be getting worse. I wish I knew better how to help her on days like today. Maybe she will perk up after her nap.... let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment